Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp probook X360 440 G1
Microsoft Windows 11

I wanna buy 1 tb ssd for my hp probook X360 440 G1 but the manual only shows 512 Gb as highest in list , will it support 1 tb nvme ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The drive capacities listed in the service manual are normally just what HP offered in the model series.

Theoretically, the sky's the limit as long as the drive is single-sided.

I don't see any reason why a 1 TB NVMe SSD wouldn't work.

Note that only the notebooks that come with Intel Core processors support NVMe SSD's as indicated in chapter 1 of the service manual:

HP ProBook x360 440 G1 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The drive capacities listed in the service manual are normally just what HP offered in the model series.

Theoretically, the sky's the limit as long as the drive is single-sided.

I don't see any reason why a 1 TB NVMe SSD wouldn't work.

Note that only the notebooks that come with Intel Core processors support NVMe SSD's as indicated in chapter 1 of the service manual:

HP ProBook x360 440 G1 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide

HP Recommended

Sir, i read several reviews but no one has tested adding the 1tb ssd to this model, i just ordered the ssd, i hope so there is nothing to worry and i get my thing done.

Sir, why dont hp add in there manual expandable or not as quote , its really difficult to understand from the manual for real ?

but thanks for the help , the ssd is ariving tomorrow , i will try replacing it.

thanks once again

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please reply back and let us know the results.

Yes, it is unfortunate that HP doesn't write the drive specs the way they write the memory specs, where they indicate what the maximum memory is.

HP Recommended

ss.png

Hi sir, thanks for ur suggestions i did bought the 1 tb ssd and its working exactly as i thought, using it for dual boot with linux and working like a charm. Thanks once again.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance, and thanks for letting us know that a 1 TB NVMe SSD works fine in that model series.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.