Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp pavillion g6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to add RAM memory to my hp pavillion g6 5CD24458LB, but dont,t know if there are free slots or what is the maximun RAM the motherboard accepts. How can I know?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Its not going to be a "Card" if by that you mean a "gumstick" M.2 SSD as used in much more recent models. You have no slot for that.  However, it would benefit a lot from using a 2.5 inch SATA SSD in place of the hard drive. 

If this is the info you needed please accept as solution. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Need the exact model number. The numbers you posted are not what we need. G6 could be AMD or Intel and 8 gb or 16 gb max. One slot or 2. Depends. 

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC

Serial number [edited]

Product number D1Q40EA#ABE

Windows 10 Home 64 bits

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2370M CPU @ 2.40GHz

System memory 4GB

slot 1: 4GB A-DATA Technology 1333MHz

Hello, this is my system,s data,

Thank you

HP Recommended

Max is 8 gigs...2 x 4 gig DDR3-1333 SO-DIMM and it will prefer dual rank modules like this:

This says for Mac but would work fine for you:

https://www.amazon.es/Timetec-1333MHz-PC3-10600-Upgrade-21-5-inch/dp/B00SNM1LFU/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?__mk...

HP Recommended

Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

One more question if you don't mind, I am thinking if it is worth to ad a SSD card. Perhaps the processor is too old, or perhaps the product cannot support it, may I know your opinion?

Thanks for your kind help

HP Recommended

Its not going to be a "Card" if by that you mean a "gumstick" M.2 SSD as used in much more recent models. You have no slot for that.  However, it would benefit a lot from using a 2.5 inch SATA SSD in place of the hard drive. 

If this is the info you needed please accept as solution. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.