cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MagnaiBat
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I want to change the LAPTOP CPU. HP Notebook - 15-db0002nt. amd a9 9420 radeon r5 5 compute cores 2c

HP Recommended
HP 15-db0002nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am using a hp 15-db0002nt laptop. It gives good performance for daily use. (RAM 12GB DDR4). But I want to use adobe programs. For example photoshop, indesign, corel draw, after effects. My laptop processor CPU (amd a9 9420 radeon r5 5 compute cores 2c + 3g). Processor CPU is not enough to use these programs. it always shows 100%, 90, and freezes a lot. My question is, can I replace or upgrade the processor CPU of the laptop?? . I need good performance.  Please I am waiting for an answer ???

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,281 119,458 19,519 29,825
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

In order to upgrade the processor, you would need to replace the motherboard with one listed in chapter 3 of your notebook's service manual that may come with a better processor.

Such an upgrade would be very expensive and would approach the cost of what you paid for your notebook.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation