Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 15-bs127ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have hp notebook 15-bs127ne and i want to know is there m.2 sata port available in my laptop so that i can directly install it by opening back panel and which ssd is supported and if not then other options to upgrade to ssd , because my laptop takes much time to boot and also how to clone windows 10 to ssd.please reply

thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There is very probably an M.2 SSD slot that can only take a 2280 SATA M.2 SSD.

Manual 

This is what it looks like inside. 

N.2 slot circled in redN.2 slot circled in red

Open the laptop please before buying. Occasionally in this model series we have reports that the M.2 slot shown in the Manual is not actually present. You can use Macrium Reflect Free to copy (clone) the hard drive over to the SSD, then remove HDD before first boot until you get the SSD working as you like then put HDD back in. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

There is very probably an M.2 SSD slot that can only take a 2280 SATA M.2 SSD.

Manual 

This is what it looks like inside. 

N.2 slot circled in redN.2 slot circled in red

Open the laptop please before buying. Occasionally in this model series we have reports that the M.2 slot shown in the Manual is not actually present. You can use Macrium Reflect Free to copy (clone) the hard drive over to the SSD, then remove HDD before first boot until you get the SSD working as you like then put HDD back in. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Sir if the m.2 port is available in my laptop as shown in the image( red circled) then can I directly buy m.2 SATA SSD and plugin the laptop will it work.

HP Recommended

Can you guide me for upgrade I want SSD+HDD combination.

HP Recommended

Yes assuming the slot is in your laptop and it almost surely is just buy a 2280 SATA M.2 like this:

https://www.amazon.in/Western-Digital-250GB-Internal-S250G2B0B/dp/B073SBV3XX/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&key...

Plug it in. You will need to have cloning software like Macrium Reflect Free. You make a thumb drive with that app which is bootable. Boot to the clone software, clone HDD to SSD. Remove HDD and boot. Saying it sounds easy and doing it is only a little harder. 

HP Recommended

is there an m.2 slot available in 15ay 514tx laptop?

HP Recommended

When asking about a separate model please start your own thread and we can help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.