Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Compaq Presario CQ61-419ER Notebook PC

Product: Compaq Presario CQ61-419ER

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-Bit Version)

Compaq Presario CQ61-419ER ID of the AMD Athlon II processor for the M320 dual-core mobile device

Product Number: CNF0050MQT

Bios Version : F.13

Hello everyone. I want to update my BIOS version as it is outdated. Could you please send me the correct BIOS to update. Also, please let me know if there is any video or file with step-by-step instructions. Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the last BIOS update HP released for your notebook:

WinFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS (for Notebooks with AMD Processors) - Microsoft Windows Based

F.15

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48895.exe 

Installation instructions:

1. Download the file by clicking the Download or Obtain Software button and save the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.

The only other things I would add in addition to the above is to have the PC plugged in to A/C power with the battery at above a 50% charge level, and do not have anything connected to the PC but the power adapter.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the last BIOS update HP released for your notebook:

WinFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS (for Notebooks with AMD Processors) - Microsoft Windows Based

F.15

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48895.exe 

Installation instructions:

1. Download the file by clicking the Download or Obtain Software button and save the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.

The only other things I would add in addition to the above is to have the PC plugged in to A/C power with the battery at above a 50% charge level, and do not have anything connected to the PC but the power adapter.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.