Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15-k002ne Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Experts,

Please help as i want to upgrade my notebook with Samsung EVO 960 M.2 SSD.

Challenge am facing is to confirm either my laptop is having any socket for M.2 SSD and am i able to boot from M.2 SSD after cloning everything from my HDD to my SSD M.2?

Second question, if my notebook is supported with M.2 SSD, which size of M.2 SSD to be purchased? as there are multiple length sizes available for M.2 SSD.

Motherboard information attached with screenshot.

Motherboard.JPG

Thanks in Advance. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@QalbeMehdi
Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see you need help in upgrading the SSD, on HP ENVY 15-k002ne Notebook PC. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you.

After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that you have 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA hard drive installed on the PC.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to go through the Maintenance and Service guide of your HP notebook, and found that your PC supports Support M.2 SATA Storage.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@QalbeMehdi
Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see you need help in upgrading the SSD, on HP ENVY 15-k002ne Notebook PC. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you.

After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that you have 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA hard drive installed on the PC.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to go through the Maintenance and Service guide of your HP notebook, and found that your PC supports Support M.2 SATA Storage.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

@QalbeMehdi

Thank you for posting back.

To get the answer to this question, Yes! it supports 6.35-cm (2.5-in) hard drives in 9.5-mm (.37-in).

You can refer to this information:

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for this aswell.

Today i went to samsung evo ssd seller, he tried 2 or 3 times but my laptop is not showing any attach m.2 evo 970 ssd, not even in bios.

HP Recommended

@QalbeMehdi

Thank you for posting back. 

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

Have you installed M.2 SSD on your computer?

Could please elaborate on this M.SSD that you've checked with the seller?

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.