Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ay013nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP Notebook - 15-ay013nx which has RAM of 4GB. I want to increase the RAM but i didn't know how much i can increase the RAM which also doesn't decrease performance of my HP notebook. Second question is that can I use graphics card with this notebook.?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Israr_ullah,

According to the Maintenance and Service Guide listed for the HP Notebook - 15-ay013nx, it accepts a maximum of 8GB of DDR3L-1600. 

However, Crucial, which is usually very reliable, lists a maximum of 16GB. Purchase options are listed here: https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/hp-15-ay013nx

RAM installation procedure begins on page 52 here.

If you don't have experience or confidence in the upgrade, you should probably consider taking the notebook to a repair shop or something in order to get help from an expert.

You mentioned the graphics for this model. You can't upgrade the graphics card for consumer laptops, unfortunately. Currently, there are eGPUs available but they're mainly catered towards a niche market and they're not compatible with your laptop since you don't have a Thunderbolt 3 port.

Hope that helps.

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Hello, Israr_ullah

I understand that you wish to upgrade your HP Notebook. Getting more RAM is a great way to up the performance of your device especially if you have only 4GB currently.

I would recommend that you search on google "download more ram" or go to downloadmoreram.com if you really wish to upgrade your laptop to the next level. This will allow you to effectively and cost-efficiently upgrade your laptop and this will also allow you to use your graphics card with your notebook.

Best regards,

Bryan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.