Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15cc129tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello sir

I want to upgarde my laptop's storage with the help of SSD. I wanted to use SSD as primary storage(boot and OS) and preinstalled SSHD as my secondary storage. I am confused to buy an appropriate SSD for my laptop. And I also wanted to upgrade my RAM to 12GB from 8GB. Also confirm that, if I upgrade my laptop with above hardware will my PC be functioning with better speed than with my earlier hardware and will there be any issues with cooling and discharge of battery of the laptop??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@PKRK wrote:

Hello sir

I want to upgarde my laptop's storage with the help of SSD. I wanted to use SSD as primary storage(boot and OS) and preinstalled SSHD as my secondary storage. I am confused to buy an appropriate SSD for my laptop. And I also wanted to upgrade my RAM to 12GB from 8GB. Also confirm that, if I upgrade my laptop with above hardware will my PC be functioning with better speed than with my earlier hardware and will there be any issues with cooling and discharge of battery of the laptop??

The link at the line below this one shows all of the compatible storage and memory products for your notebook.

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP---Compaq/pavilion-15-cc129tx

You will have to open the notebook to see if there is an M.2 slot . If there is one present then an M.2  SSD will be a great option. If not, then you will have to consider using 2.5' notebook SSD instead to replace the existing legacy spinner hard disk as the only storage media.

Upgrading to 12 GB from 8 GB is  definitely not the best of plans. It is best to upgrade to an identical pair of memory modules. HP upgrades to 12 GB simply because of deep pockets and access to many hardware resources that a normal notebook owner just does not have. An 8 and 4 GB module will not operate in an optimized manner and in fact will have quite a bit slower memory access than a pair of identical memory modules.

Upgrading memory helps programs that need the extra memory swap space run more efficiently. Upgrading to an SSD will  provide a definitely perceivable performance boost since memory access to stored code and data will run  faster than with the legacy spinner hard disk your notebook currently has installed is capable of.

Notebooks with SSD products installed run much cooler that those with legacy hard disks do and use less power as well , since they are digital discrete  devices instead of electromagnetic units

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@PKRK wrote:

Hello sir

The link at the line below this one shows all of the compatible storage and memory products for your notebook.

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP---Compaq/pavilion-15-cc129tx

You will have to open the notebook to see if there is an M.2 slot . If there is one present then an M.2  SSD will be a great option. If not, then you will have to consider using 2.5' notebook SSD instead to replace the existing legacy spinner hard disk as the only storage media.

Upgrading to 12 GB from 8 GB is  definitely not the best of plans. It is best to upgrade to an identical pair of memory modules. HP upgrades to 12 GB simply because of deep pockets and access to many hardware resources that a normal notebook owner just does not have. An 8 and 4 GB module will not operate in an optimized manner and in fact will have quite a bit slower memory access than a pair of identical memory modules.

Upgrading memory helps programs that need the extra memory swap space run more efficiently. Upgrading to an SSD will  provide a definitely perceivable performance boost since memory access to stored code and data will run  faster than with the legacy spinner hard disk your notebook currently has installed is capable of.

Notebooks with SSD products installed run much cooler that those with legacy hard disks do and use less power as well , since they are digital discrete  devices instead of electromagnetic units

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Sir

I am very happy with the suggestions received. From one of the HP sources, I have downloaded a brochure where a lot of information regarding the hp laptops was provided. Under the upgrading section of SSD, I found my laptop is compatible with 512GB and 256GB SSD of type M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe. But on the online shopping websites, I found most of the SSD to be 500GB or 240GB and some other numbers. Here I am confused that whether I can use a 500GB or 240GB SSD where it is prescribed to use 512 or 256GB SSD...

Thank You for clearing my doubts... 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.