Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ENVY x360 - 15t-aq200 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Envy X360 15t that I cannot seem to get the IR camera working on.  Never have been able to since I got it a year ago.  It shows up in the device manager, but the only camera that shows up in any software is the HP Truevision HD.

2019-08-19.png

Any clue on how to get this working?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @JeffNH,

Are you trying to get the IR camera working for Windows Hello login?

What does it say in the sign-in options of Settings? 

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

I'm just trying to get it working in general.  It would be nice to be able to use the camera in low light levels at night.  I do not have the windows hello face login set up.

HP Recommended

I'm not aware of any method to get it working outside of facial login. The IR camera is there so that the user has a convenient method of Windows login - not much else.

HP Recommended

So, this is actually a true IR camera (like FLIR), not just a camera with IR night vision?

HP Recommended

Sorry, my bad. They're near-infrared cameras and yes, should work as night vision technically as they work in low-light.

That's an interesting question as I'm not actually too sure if you can manually keep the IR camera on. I did some searching online but wasn't able to find much. I've always just used it for sign-in but nothing else.

Sorry about that,

Eddy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.