Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 15-cr0037wmlion 65XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Pls i just buy this my new laptop and the IR camera is not working, i suspect the driver. i download all drivers on my device page on HP site, still it doesn't work Windows Hello wouldn't recognize it, so also the camera. Pls help me with the driver, and pls i would want to know the model and manufacturer of the CAMERA
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@mirade234

Welcome to HP support community.

To resolve this issue, download and install the following SoftPaq: SP71801 file download 

Let me know if that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for this. The installation was terminated by the installer reporting that intel sense 3D is not detected  on the system.Screenshot (3).png

HP Recommended

@mirade234

Camera is not getting detected, run an extensive hardware test to identify if this is a hardware issue.

Run Extensive system test to check for hardware failures.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

4. Click Extensive Test.

5. Click Run once, or Loop until error. While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are shown on the screen.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info.

I run an hardware check and was successful; I then start windows and then proceed to driver manager, I click on scan hardware changes, then the camera is showing as HP HD CAMERA. the camera app can now identify it, but the PC doesn't see it as an IR camera thus Windows Hello wasn't available. I've investigate myself, i found that that driver was the pre-installed driver by Microsoft. 

so I think i need the real driver for the CameraScreenshot (5).pngScreenshot (7).png

HP Recommended

@mirade234

This might require remote access of the computer to fix this issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.