Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

How about burning a DVD with Windows 10 on it?

HP Recommended

Now I found an option in Samsung Magician called "RAPID mode" that provide an incredibile boost!

I tried it and I can say the speed increase is real. With that modality benchmark reports:
Sequential reading: 1970 MB/s
Sequential writing: 2300 MB/s

If "RAPID mode" is disabled, performances are those reported before (270 MB/s in sequential reading and 260MB/s in sequential writing) and I believe they are in line with the SATA II bottleneck of my laptop.

I think I will go on without any new clean installation.

Thanks again for all your support.

HP Recommended

Incredulous. A SATA SSD is not capable of those kinds of speeds. That is NVME stuff. But glad you are happy.

HP Recommended

It's an option that lets go beyond the real performances of the SSD by using a part of the RAM as a file cache. The side effect is that the automatic creation of restore points is aborted, and IMHO it's not a good deal.

For a major safety I will continue enjoing my SSD experience without that option, anyway the whole system is fluent enough.

HP Recommended

To close definitely this thread I also found the answer to the impossibility of starting the BIOS or choosing another device at the boot of my laptop: I had the "fast startup" (recommended by Windows) turned on among the settings of the Control Panel. I think now it's unnecessary since I have an SSD, so I turned it off.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.