Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-ch002ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Support,

HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-ch002ng

ProdID 3DM21EA#ABD

I got two major issues with this laptop when using an external monitor (when the laptop gets the role of a desktop PC):

1. The laptop doesn't power on if the lid is closed.

Even if the monitor is connected via USB Type-C and the laptop's battery is charging, the power button doesn't work. I understand that this is made intentionally to prevent it from powering on somewhere in a backpack, but it cannot be found in a backpack (or somewhere else) if it is standing on the desk and the external monitor is connected. Kindly enable it for the above described conditions. Please no suggestions "like open the lid, power on and close it" or "leave the lid open all the time". Not serious for a model with the price tag of 2000€.

2. There is no way to limit the battery charge on 50 or 80%. The battery care option is missing in the latest BIOS Setup.

This laptop is planned to be used mainly as a replacement of a desktop PC (90% of all time) with an option of a seldom takeaways (remaining 10%). That means it will stay connected to a power supply and the battery will be constantly kept charged to 100%. It's widely known how quick Lithium-Ion batteries degrade when stored fully charged and I don't want to end up replacing the battery after a year or two because it has permanently lost most of its capacity. This also doesn't help protecting our environment from "used" batteries which could "last" significantly longer. Kindly enable this option in the BIOS Setup or somewhere else. Please no suggestions like "leave it fully charged - nothing happens", or "this option is not available on consumer laptops", or "let it run on the battery sometimes" - not serious for a model with the price tag of 2000€.

Thank you in advance & best regards.

1KV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It seems to me, that the real message from you behind this polite sht is simply "Go away". Got it and just went away from HP to the competitors. I will also tell my friends and colleagues about this experience so they won't repeat my mistake of buying something from your company. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@1KV,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the battery care feature is missing, and the power button is not working when the lid is closed.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Why not answering here?

HP Recommended

@1KV,

The features you are looking for are not available on the computer. So you need to contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It seems to me, that the real message from you behind this polite sht is simply "Go away". Got it and just went away from HP to the competitors. I will also tell my friends and colleagues about this experience so they won't repeat my mistake of buying something from your company. Cheers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.