Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Laptop - 15-eb0001na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,
Posting this here as I realise it may be a better forum

Purchased my HP Spectre x360 Laptop - 15-eb0001na on 16th March 2021. Upgraded Windows 10 Home to Pro, installed Office & other usual programs. Main usage is with MS Office, occasional video meetings over Teams or Zoom & usual surfing - so no really heavy processing.

This laptop was an upgrade to my previous one: an HP Envy x360-15.

However, with the Spectre, the battery life is at best mediocre, at worst abysmal & certainly well away from the "long battery life" indicated in the specifications at https://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=2T980EA&opt=ABU&sel=NTB of "up to 6hrs 45mins"

Most video settings are HP defaults, the only change is to screen brightness which is at 81% (I'd prefer this to be brighter, but realise that this will impact further on battery life).

Having tracked timings, battery life seems to average at around 3 hours - slightly longer if a period left on, but not used (for example if I'm away from desk). However, on many occasions, I've shut down laptop at night charged to 100% & on switching on the following morning, battery shows around 50%-60% charge left. At the moment "Fast Startup" in Windows is NOT enabled, so it can't be that eating battery power. Further to this, this morning, having  left laptop on charge overnight, I unplugged it this morning as the "white light" indicating full charge illuminated. Have just switched laptop on & battery is already down to 89% without laptop even being switched on.

Any thoughts, or suggestions would be welcome as, with the exception of battery life, the laptop is brilliant!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.