04-27-2014 08:23 PM - edited 04-27-2014 08:26 PM
As I write this, my laptop (An HP Pavilion dv7) is down to 50% charge and has been steadily losing charge in spite of being plugged into the charger all day. The system does not recognize the charger as being plugged in, I have already attempted shutting down the laoptop, removing the battery and charger cable, reattaching them, and rebooting, to no avail.
I'm not sure what the issue could be, but I'm almost certain it is hardware related, and on the laptops end as I have not made any recent updates to any of my laptops software, and the charger cable itself appears to be undamaged.
If anyone could help me out with this, that would be great, I need this laptop for classes and if it's dead for any extended period of time it may impact my grades.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot