cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
akgupta0777
Level 2
13 5 1 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Information about motherboard Speeds in user guide

HP Recommended
Hp 15 da1041tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am planning to buy an M.2 PCIe NvMe SSD for my laptop. I looked through the user guide from HP official website and come across this.

IMG_20200831_142127.jpg

It says that transfer rate is upto 2150 MBPS and write speeds are 1260 MBPS.

What does that mean about speeds?.

The SSD i want to buy has extra speeds than the secified speeds.

My SSDs speeds are 

Read 2400 MBPS

Write 1000 MBPS

Do i cannot take Fully benefit of My SSD speeds?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 21,003 1,966 2,663
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@akgupta0777

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know about the SSD read and write speeds.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

The read and write speeds specified in the service guide are for the entire series of the computers and in most cases that is the maximum read and write speed you will get when you install an SSD.

The speeds listed there are based on considering all the factors which affect the read and write speeds of the SSDs.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 21,003 1,966 2,663
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@akgupta0777

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know about the SSD read and write speeds.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

The read and write speeds specified in the service guide are for the entire series of the computers and in most cases that is the maximum read and write speed you will get when you install an SSD.

The speeds listed there are based on considering all the factors which affect the read and write speeds of the SSDs.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation