05-03-2013 03:30 AM - edited 05-06-2013 03:20 AM
Cannot install scanner with downloaded file setup_full_G4050_14-5.exe.
Unpacking seems to go well, but get access denied error.
Tried the following:
- AccesDeniedUtilily_1_3_4 HP
- Install as administrator in safe mode
- unpacked installation file with Peazip and started from there
- created new user with admin rights and started form there
- L3 Level 3 uninstall HP
- Fixit Microsoft for installation problems
- Uninstalled security suite
- sfc / scannow
- Virusscans: Safety Scan Microsoft, Hitman Pro
Installation from COL17086_revC.exe went halfway OK. Program says installation OK, but only driver is there and some software, but NOT the scan software, so I cannot use the scanner from the PC or with the buttons.
05-08-2013 01:17 PM
I just downloaded the file and it extracted fine on my pc. I downloaded it to my downloads folder, after it was downloaded I right -clicked it and chose run as administrator and the file extracted and launched the installer. You could also try downloading it on another pc. You may have security settings or something that is preventing you from extracting the file.
Hope this helps
05-09-2013 12:26 PM
I had no problems downloading / unpacking. I logged in as admin, but somewhere / somehow I an runnning into a "rights" problem. That's why I used the HP AccessDenied utilty. I could install the scanner on another machine.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot