Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-bw032wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had been informed that i can add an SSD M.2 to my laptop, by an HP SUpport Agent. He confirmed that my HP 15-bw032wm laptop has an M.2 Slot and provided me with link http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493256.  As of what i understand from the HP SUpport Agent and from the manual that the product is a Dual storage configurable (up to 256 GB Value SSD + 1 TB HDD).

I oredered SSD M.2 and i finally recieved it. However, i followed each steps in Maintenance and Service Guide but i could not found anywhere The M.2 Slot.  

For now, all i can say is "Wow!".

HP 15-bw032wm - 1 PM.jpeg

HP 15-bw032wm - 2.jpeg

HP 15-bw032wm - 3.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Here is what is in the Manual:

M.2 slot in blue rectangleM.2 slot in blue rectangle

Now look at your picture. See the rectangular tracing above the white cables running over to the hard drive? That is where the M.2 slot is soldered on models where HP chooses to actually put it on the motherboard at the factory. If you go back and look at past posts in the Forum however, we Experts who have seen a thing or 2 know that the Manual is the starting place. Many HP models in the model line that is "supposed" to have an M.2 slot in fact do not. This seems to occur quite often with WalMart models such as yours and also Costco models. Why? I will let you guess as I do not really know and I would be speculating.

The Service manual is not a marketing piece and is not a promise that any specific upgrades can be made. Its unfortunate that an HP Support Agent gave you a bum steer and that is not right I agree. They do not actually work on laptops and they do not follow the Forum to see real life experience in the field. They can only go off the Manual so its clear nobody intentionally misled you.

I always (well most of the time) advise people thinking about an upgrade to open the laptop then buy the parts. Check what is there with your own eyes. Sorry for your troubles and post back with any questions. 

HP Recommended

Any Suggestions on how to fix the problem. and can i replace the HDD With SSD 2.5, if so what is the components i need? 

In addtion, i didn't get your point about "The Service Manual" and "The Walmart" thing. Since, i purchased the laptop from Amazon. Plus, The product details was mentioned in the manual, do by default the cunsomer will believe anything from a HP Representative/Follow anything mentioned in the manual. 

Here is the Link of the previous forum: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Adding-SSD-to-my-HP-15-bw032wm...

I did not took any step before i'd been confirmed by the (Representative) that, this model has M.2 Slot.  I really whish he and any other Representative with a higher authority would see this issue and solve it.

HP Recommended

Look I have told you what you can do. Yours is a WalMart model as the model number ends in wm. Some resellers buy Walmart models and sell them on amazon.com. No way for you to know that but Walmart models are often "defeatured" so WalMart can sell them cheaper. 

There is nothing to fix. Your laptop is what it is can't be modified and I linked you to the 2 products you can buy and install. The 2.5 inch SSD will mount where the hard drive is using the same hardware and the hard drive can be placed in the DVD adapter I linked you to. Happy to provide more step by step instructions but I don't want to debate blame or fault here as I have nothing to do with it. 

HP Recommended

My Apology  for getting into this matter, as i was shocked. Anyways, i would like you to elaborate more upon the steps required and the hardware needed so that i can have both SSD (for the Operating System) and HDD (as extra storage).

Thank you in advance, Mr Huffer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.