Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 8440p Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I bought a refurbished HP Elitebook 8440p and only realised afterwards that the one I purchased did not come with a web cam installed. I would like to use it for video conferencing. Is there a way to instal a web cam in this laptop? I know that other versions of the same produce come with a camera installed and this one even has a place where the camera should be but it is coverered over.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@cjmorry

There are few options for webcam depending on the screen of your machine. Please check part number on page 3-4 of the following document

http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02745864.pdf

You may need more part on page 3-8 & 3-9. Page 4-27 gives your some idea how to replace webcam.

Given all those hard works and cost you may consider to buy a different machine with webcam or buy an external USB webcam.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@cjmorry

There are few options for webcam depending on the screen of your machine. Please check part number on page 3-4 of the following document

http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02745864.pdf

You may need more part on page 3-8 & 3-9. Page 4-27 gives your some idea how to replace webcam.

Given all those hard works and cost you may consider to buy a different machine with webcam or buy an external USB webcam.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

banhien: Many thanks. I had explored the manual and seen these pages (the numbers are slightly different in my version of the manual but I could follow your thoughts). You are right that this is far too complicated and risky for a normal user to undertake. An external webcam may be my preferred solution. Wish I had thought of this before buying the refurbished computer. There were many on the market and I'm sure I could have found one with a webcam for the same price. Caveat emptor!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.