Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre X360 13 ac052na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I lost access to my camera a while back and need help to know how to reinstate. It appears not to be connected but is there a way to check?

I have detailed below the steps I've have previously taken in this process - so please read before commenting as none of the standard options have helped.

Thanks, Elaine 

---------- Tracking of camera issues -----------------

A while back (mid Feb) my integrated camera stopped working and wouldn't show on an online meeting.

I managed to find an update to the Registry that got it working.

A little while later the camera failed mid-meeting.

Since then I've been unable to get it working  using all the basic options on the Web Cam troubleshooter.

During that process, I removed the device (HP Truevision HD Camera) and was unable to get it back.

Later I managed to get PC Camera to appear in the Device manager but can't upgrade the browser for the HP Truevision one as it says the device can't be found.

Today, after a Windows upgrade - I found a hidden device of 'camera' under 'Other Devices' that seems to be related to my integrated camera. When checked the Events list I see it is marked as being 'deleted' but also reference to being unable to 'migrate'.

---------- Extract of Events ----------

Device USB\VID_046D&PID_0929\5&3a83d6be&0&1 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFF0023
Present: false

When I searched for this in the Registry - I could see two entries but they were listed under USB devices

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\Upgrade\PnP\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceMigration\Devices\USB

I have been using a USB camera in the meantime - but that is listed in Devices under 'Camera' as USB Live camera (hidden when not connected)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.