Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Zbook 15 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello everyone
I'm interested in replacing my Zbook 15 G3 (i7-6700HQ) wireless card from Intel 8260 to 9260
Immediately after the change it appears under the device manager, but for some reason it just disappeared, time after time.
A new installation of the drivers,  scan for hardware changes, or any Intel tools does not help either.

My questions are:
1.There is a possibility that a card is faulty?
2. Maybe because the card includes VPRO, it creates a problem?
3.If i will order the non VPRO version: https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Wireless-Ac-9260-2230-Gigabit/dp/B079QH5KW1 will solve the problem?
4. The i7-6700HQ is to too old for the 9260?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The previous adapter was faulty. The non VPRO version works great

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hey Paul,

Can you kindly check if you can help me with my Intel 9260 question as well?

Thanks 

HP Recommended

Hi:

I read your post earlier but declined to answer, because I have no idea why the 9260 AC card is not working.

As the most high end notebook, a ZBbook supports vPro technology, so I don't believe that the vPro is the reason the 9260AC card is not working correctly.

The service manual lists both the 8260 vPro and non-vPro as supported.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04956181

You can try the non-vPro version and hope it works.

I looked at chapter 6, page 44 of the manual and there is this notice...

CAUTION: To prevent an unresponsive system, replace the wireless module only with a wireless module authorized for use in the computer by the governmental agency that regulates wireless devices in your country or region. If you replace the module and then receive a warning message, remove the module to restore device functionality, and then contact technical support.

Since you are not getting any warning messages in the BIOS, it's anybody's guess as to what the problem could be.

HP Recommended
thank you for the quick reply
I guess all the signs lead to a faulty card
I will try a new card, and will update. Thanks for the help
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Hopefully the replacement non-vPro card will work.

If it doesn't, then any other card but the 8260 must be incompatible.

HP Recommended

The previous adapter was faulty. The non VPRO version works great

HP Recommended

That's great news.

Glad the second one worked for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.