Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 15 cs1006na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.guys can you tell me please , can i upgrade my pavilion 15 cs1006na with intel  optane memory?i have port for that or not ?i didnt open ,because i still on garanty and im worry if i open to check i will lose my garanty.Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

Your laptop does support Optane but came from the factory with a 256 gig NVME M.2 SSD. That device occupies the slot that you would use for an Optane module. And, since you already have the superfast NVME storage, there is nothing for an Optane module to accelerate or speed up. Optane is used to speed up a hard drive or a SATA SSD only; no need to speed up an NVME M.2. 

You could add memory (RAM) to improve performance. You have 1 x 8 gig module now and you could add another 8 gig module to have 16 gigs (32 gigs is actually the max). For extra storage you can also add a 2.5 inch hard drive or SSD but would need to buy additional mounting hardware for that. 

Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if this si the info you needed. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.