Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power - 15t-cb000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Pavilion Power - 15t-cb000 CTO

Product number: 1DU07AV

Twice in the last month or so I have noticed that my laptop doesn't fully charge even though it is plugged in. It seems to only charge to 78%-82%. When I run the battery check with HP Support Assistant it fails. When I powered down and left it plugged in, it still didn't fully charge. When I power down, unplug the power, and let it sit for awhile and then plug the power back in it fully charges, and the battery check passes. I'm confused about whether it needs a battery or not. These are the results of the last battery test:

Warranty Type: 3

Cycle count: 833 / 1000

Manufacturer: 333-1B-55

Serial Number: 02700 08/25/2017

Temperature: 29 °C

Current: 0 mA

Terminal Voltage: 17190 mV

Design Voltage: 15400 mV

AC Power: Yes

CT Number: 6GHVQ02WY92GP8

Design Capacity: 70 WHr

Full Charge Capacity: 48 WHr (68%)

Remaining Capacity: 49 WHr

If it does need a battery, how do I get it replaced? I checked with the nearest HP service center and they said they could do it, but it would takes weeks to get it back.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @taherte2 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

(1) Open windows <device manager> and uninstall "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

- Right click on "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"

- Click "Uninstall device"

- Confirm your choice if you see a popup notification

ub6424_0-1660917190290.png

(2Shutdown notebook

(3) Disconnect charger

(4) Press and hold <power> button for 30 seconds

(5) Connect charger and wait until battery is fully charged ( check LED indicator )

(6) Start notebook and log in to windows

(7) --->>> Check battery status

(8) Please report your results

HP Recommended

The battery IS fully charged and is maintaining a 100% charge when plugged in.  Before I follow your suggestion, I'd like to understand what that is going to tell us. Also, what does pressing the power button for thirty seconds do? I've not heard of that before.

HP Recommended

This procedure (1) to (6)  will calibrate your battery

HP Recommended

I didn't follow through with this because the battery was charging to 100%, until yesterday. Then it would only charge to about 80%, so I followed the recommendation above. Battery took a full charge again and this is the status:

• Warranty Type: 3
  • Cycle count: 845 / 1000
  • Manufacturer: 333-1B-55
  • Temperature: 27 °C
  • Current: 0 mA
  • Terminal Voltage: 17318 mV
  • Design Voltage: 15400 mV
  • AC Power: Yes
  • CT Number: 6GHVQ02WY92GP8
  • Design Capacity: 70 WHr
  • Full Charge Capacity: 47 WHr (67%)
  • Remaining Capacity: 48 WHr
HP Recommended

After recalibrating the battery, it charged to 100%. Now it is only charging to 90%. Is it time for a new battery?

HP Recommended

Hello @taherte2 

@taherte2 wrote:

After recalibrating the battery, it charged to 100%. Now it is only charging to 90%. Is it time for a new battery?

Yes

The battery is getting weaker and weaker. You should replace it.

Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.