Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion G4-2039TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I would like to find out is HP Pavilion G4-2039TX wifi card whitelisted?

I thought of getting a dual band wifi card but I do not know is this notebook have any whitelist feature.

Please advice. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have already answered your question at the link below.  No one will have any better info than what I have provided.

Re: Bios whitelist for wifi card - HP Support Community - 7889369

If you're not willing to risk a few bucks on a wifi card not working, then I suggest you buy a dual band USB wifi adapter.

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have already answered your question at the link below.  No one will have any better info than what I have provided.

Re: Bios whitelist for wifi card - HP Support Community - 7889369

If you're not willing to risk a few bucks on a wifi card not working, then I suggest you buy a dual band USB wifi adapter.

HP Recommended

Hi, I have tested using my frenz Dell Intel Centrino Advance N-6205 and it is able to see in the Device Manager list.

Can I say that my laptop is not whitelisted?

Also I see from spec of this Dell Intel Centrino Advance N-6205 is Vpro enable.

I was tempted to get the AX200 Mini PCIE card. 

Should I get and try?

HP Recommended

Hi:

If the card works normally, you should be OK.

The fact that the card shows up in the device manager does not necessarily mean it will work.

HP Recommended

Ok, noted. Thanks!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please post back and let us know what any wifi card upgrade results were.

HP Recommended

Hi, my AX200 Mini-PCIE card just arrived and I have fixed it in my 8 or 9 years old G4-2039TX laptop (2012 model).

It works perfectly without any flaw as I am typing this in my laptop. I have use the latest driver for both Wifi 6 and Bluetooth 5.1.

Attached are the photo of prove. Compare the speed test before and after inserting new card. I can use 5G now. However, I am still in Wifi 5 as my Wifi 6 mesh is not yet arrived.

Wifi6 AX200.JPGSpeedTest_Old Card.JPGSpeedTest_New Card.JPG

HP Recommended

That is great news!

Thanks for letting us know how the wifi card upgrade project went.

HP Recommended

eh..anyone can see the picture? Seem like picture not working..

HP Recommended

Yes, I saw the pictures.

They have to be approved by a moderator for public view, but I saw them in your profile.

Where did you buy the card, may I ask?

The only place I knew of where you can get a HMC form factor card was here, and it has been unavailable for months.

Amazon.com: WiFi 6 Mini PCIe Network Card 2.4GHz 5GHz 802.11ax 3000Mbps 160Mhz Bluetooth 5.0 Wi-Fi 6...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.