Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Had finally received the Wifi 6 AX200 Mini PCIE card.  Was so excited!  Opened up my notebook, take out the old card and put this in.  Mind already prepared to do a speed test to see how is the performance.  And when power up, nothing happened!!  The notebook is not detecting the new WiFi 6 card at all.  Checked Deviice Manager and there is no "Unknow Device" listed, and no Wifi Card listed as well.  Went into BIOS, tried doing a Diagnostic, and the software reported no Bluetooth and Wireless module detect.  Now I start wondering if my original card actually may be still working, just some how not detected by the notebok.

The original wifi card had been working flawlessly all along.  Then one day suddenly it just totally disappeared from my notebook.  So I assumed it could be due to the Wifi Combo card that had gone faulty.  Sigh...

Now I need some advise what could be the reason why my notebook is not detecting the Wifi Card at all.  Anyone can help, please?

TIA.

HP Recommended

Hi, you mean your original wifi card also not detectable anymore?

Did u took out or disconnect the battery before taking out and put in new card?

Usually for safety,  we will disconnect or take out battery to insert any new parts.

It may some how short-circuit your card.

Try disconnect the battery and plug back in.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Sorry that the replacement wifi card isn't working for you.

Since the original one is also not showing up either, unfortunately I don't know what the problem could be.

HP Recommended

Hi Gdsp8 and Paul,

First of all, thanks for being the first 2 again to reply.

Hi Gdsp8,

The reason why I bought the Wifi 6 card was because the original one day just suddenly not working and it cannot be seen in Device Manager.  With the Wifi 6 card, it is having the same issue.  Hence, I am suspecting the original card may still be working.

For the battery you were referring to, do you mean the Notebook battery?  For my notebook, in order to take out the Wifi Card, I have to remove the battery.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Yes, pls remove the battery before installing any parts.

1. U can try removing the battery and

2. Insert new card.

3. Wait for 15mins later and try put back the battery.

If it is not working, most likely ur mini-PCIe slot is spoilt.

I saw this in the intel forum. U can try.

Step 1:

• Check device manager: On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and X at the same time. Then select Device Manager. You’ll be prompted for permission. Click Yes to open Device Manager, while in Device Manager, click View and select Show hidden devices.
  • Click Network adapters to select it. Click Action and click Scan for hardware changes. Double-click Network adapters to expand the list. See if your wireless network adapter appears on the list.

HP Recommended

Any updates?

HP Recommended

I asked around few repair shops, most can't confirm.  Since my wired connection is working fine, I had decided not to further pursue to save some time and money.  Wasted I can't try out the newly purchased Wifi 6 card.

Thanks for checking.

HP Recommended

Hi, I come from this thread:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Upgrade-Network-Card-Envy-15/td-p/794...

Finally I upgrade my laptop with unbranded HMC Wifi 6 Card. This is the link to the product. It's not the AX3000-H model, it's really the AX200 model or that's how my laptop recognizes it.

I don't have a router with WiFi 6 yet, but at least I can use the 5Ghz network. 

It was an easy plug and play upgrade, just install the card and fun.

Screenshot_1.jpgScreenshot_3.jpg

HP Recommended

Good to see ur result. I am planning to get the Wifi6E mini-PCIe soon. Unfortunately it has been sold out.

I have bought a TP-Link AX20 Wifi6E router. The download and upload speed slightly better than Wifi5

06698C58-6E5E-4C61-BD75-52E11003103D.jpeg

HP Recommended

Unfortunately in my laptop does not fit a mini-PCIe card with an HMC adapter. I checked it before to buy.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.