05-17-2014 04:49 PM
Just wanted to confirm what I read on one of these forums - that HP stopped whitelisting a few months back. So if I configure and buy a new one(not off the shelf), I will be able to upgrade say the wireless card with an intel card of my choice.
05-17-2014 05:45 PM
This is a 64 million dolars question. HP (and other vendors) only supports which has been tested and published on the support site (usually Maintenance and Service Guide). Even so, this may vary from country to country.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot