07-14-2016 05:56 PM
I was wondering if half-length PCIe and mini card PCIe are the same thing because I was planning on plugging in an external GPU.
Thank you for helping.
07-15-2016 05:30 AM
You did not ask but if you did I would try to talk you out of the eGPU. But to directly answer your question as far as the eGPU is concerned there would be no difference. Mini-pcie is the description of the slot. Full length and half-height cards will plug in the same slot (same width, same plugs) but on some laptops and other applications the space where the card goes is shorter (half-height). I think the eGPU plugins are half-height and you can plug that into a space where either a half-height or full length mini-pcie card was located.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot