Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ij_
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is IOMMU knob available in BIOS of a particular laptop (15-dw0021no)?

15-dw0021no
Other

Hi,

I'm trying to find out whether the BIOS in a particular notebook (HP 15-dw0021no in this case) allows enabling virtualization and IOMMU (and has sane enough ACPI tables, etc. allow the IOMMU to work) before buying one.

I've tried to browse through all the manuals I could find from HP support and also tried to find any indication on the Internet that somebody would have enabled it but couldn't come across any. I know for sure that the CPU/HW itself (i7-8565U) should have the necessary support. Since the model identifier doesn't sound to me like belonging to some "product line" such as ProBook/Elitebook, etc., I'm not sure what to except, that is, if the featureset is stripped down from that the HW itself could offer by not including the knob in BIOS. I don't have enough experience on whether HP does such differentiation or not between the laptop models.

It's shame that nowadays it's so hard to find information on what knobs the BIOS offer and what not, in general. Even simple pictures somewhere on the support site would be enough for me in case the manufacturer don't want to spend their resources on describing each item in the manual.

--

i.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation