Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
VETRIVELA Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is it Windows 10 Home or Professional ? in HP Notebook model 15-AC167TU 15.6-inch Laptop (Celeron

HP 15-AC167TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi 

I had recently ordered  a HP Notebook  model  15-AC167TU 15.6-inch Laptop (Celeron N3050/2GB/500GB/Windows 10/Integrated Graphics)  online from Amazon.in website.

The OS type is mentioned as Windows 10.

Is it "Windows 10 Home" or "Windows 10 Professional".

Please clarify the OS type for this model  HP 15-AC167TU 15.6-inch Laptop .

If its "Windows 10 Home" , then can I upgrade it to "Windows 10 Professional" for free ? Otherwise how much I need to pay in   USD or Indian rupees, as the Notebook is purchased from India.

thanks in advance!

Best Regards

VETRI

Mobile: [Personal Information Removed]

India.

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
37037 5587 9629
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is it Windows 10 Home or Professional ? in HP Notebook model 15-AC167TU 15.6-inch Laptop (Celeron

From the official specs for that model:

Operating System:
Windows 10 Home (64-bit)

No, Windows 10 Pro would be a paid upgrade. On the settings/update and security/activation page will be a link to contact Microsoft about upgrading to Pro. I don't know what that costs in India, but its $99 US here in the States:

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-upgrade-windows-10-pro

Before you do that I would be sure you really need the Pro version. Many people do not; some do. You are just not going to find vendors including Windows 10 Pro in laptops selling for about $325 US. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation