03-08-2014 02:58 PM
Is there any way for me to upgrade my laptop? It is brand new, but I think I might want to upgrade my processor to an i7, and my ram to 16 GB.
I currently have the HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j170us Notebook PC, where would I go/who would I talk to to get these upgrades done?
Another consideration of mine (i'm not sure if this is possible), is space. I currently have 1TB and would more than like to add more if possible.
03-12-2014 10:45 AM - last edited on 03-06-2017 09:08 AM by OscarFuentes
Welcome to the HP Forums!
You can update your processor to an i7. I have included the 'Maintenance and Service Guide', if you go to page 75 it will list available part numbers for processors that are known to work with your notebook.
From the 'HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j170us Notebook PC Product Specifications', your notebook can support a maximum of 16GB. From the Maintenance and Service Guide, you will need to look at page 48 for the 8GB part number, as it will support two of the 8GB.
One option for purchasing the parts that you do need, is the HP PartSurfer.
Hope this helps.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot