Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-ds0599na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, i wonder if i can upgrade the SSH and memory on my laptop HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-ds0599na , i just bought it and the one with 16gb memory and 560gb SSD was out of stock so I just go this one hoping to be able to upgrade. I also read on another thread that instead of replacing the SSD you can instead add another SSD but some extra parts may be needed. 

Is anyone familiar with this model that could be able to point me in the right direction?

many thanks

Jorge

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jorginho1969 

1. For storage: you have to replace, not add as mentioned above. What I normally do

(a) Buy new M.2 SSD,

(b) Plug M.2 SSD to USB-M.2 adapter

(c) Clone old SSD to new SSD

(d) Swap out old and install new SSD, keep SSD as backup

(e) Run machine on new SSD for few days. Now you can do whatever you like with the old SSD

2. For RAM: Yes, you can safely use 32GB for RAM.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@jorginho1969 

Is it the following machine HP ENVY X360 - 15-ds0599na ?

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06405418

It already has  256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD. You can replace it with a larger (capacity) using Crucial P1 or Samsung 970 EVO series (or similar from other vendors). The best option is o use SAME brand and series of the existing one. The series does not offer dual storage.

For RAM, it has  8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (2 x 4 GB) now.. You can use compatible RAM from Crucial UK:

https://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/envy-x360-15-ds0599na/CT16121803    (16GB)

https://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/envy-x360-15-ds0599na/CT16121773    (32GB)

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, yes it is the HP ENVY X360 - 15-ds0599na, not having dual storage will that mean i have to replace the SSD drive? if so i would have to replicate the current disk? as fort he memory, after checking there is  Crucial 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400 SODIMM at a quite accessible price, will it be able to handle 32GB? or will i need to change the configuration in any way.

many thanks once again, you have been very helpfull

Jorge

HP Recommended

@jorginho1969 

1. For storage: you have to replace, not add as mentioned above. What I normally do

(a) Buy new M.2 SSD,

(b) Plug M.2 SSD to USB-M.2 adapter

(c) Clone old SSD to new SSD

(d) Swap out old and install new SSD, keep SSD as backup

(e) Run machine on new SSD for few days. Now you can do whatever you like with the old SSD

2. For RAM: Yes, you can safely use 32GB for RAM.

Regards

BH

HP Recommended

Thank you, Banhien, for your clear and concise solution! 

Could you please clarify a few things for me? 

1, What is the Maximum RAM and Storage this machine can hold? 

2, Will performing these upgrades void my warranty?

3, Can the SSD Cloning be performed on the device that I'll be upgrading or will a secondary machine be required?

4, Is there any other way to increase the storage on this device without having to replace the drive containing the OS?

It's been over a decade since I got hands on with any hardware projects, the world has moved on quite a lot since then! 

I got this PC as a good all rounder but the smallish storage drive isn't going to last long if I try installing a few games! 

Thanks in advance! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.