Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-ac076nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is the USB-C port on the HP Spectre x360 - 13-ac076nr Thunderbolt 3? The specs just say "Thunderbolt"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@GaryS26

The specs for HP Spectre x360 13-ac0xx says

(2) USB 3.1 Gen 2 with Thunderbolt™ Gen 3 technology,

Connects an AC adapter that has a USB Type-C connector, supplying power to the computer, and if needed, charging the computer battery.

– or –

Connects and charges a USB device that has a Type-C connector, such as a cell phone, camera, activity tracker, or smartwatch, and provides high-speed data transfer.

– or –

Connects a display device that has a USB Type-C connector, providing display output.

NOTE:Your computer may also support a Thunderbolt docking station.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@GaryS26

The specs for HP Spectre x360 13-ac0xx says

(2) USB 3.1 Gen 2 with Thunderbolt™ Gen 3 technology,

Connects an AC adapter that has a USB Type-C connector, supplying power to the computer, and if needed, charging the computer battery.

– or –

Connects and charges a USB device that has a Type-C connector, such as a cell phone, camera, activity tracker, or smartwatch, and provides high-speed data transfer.

– or –

Connects a display device that has a USB Type-C connector, providing display output.

NOTE:Your computer may also support a Thunderbolt docking station.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have an HP X360 1030 G2 and a Targus USB-C docking station, Targus part # CVR617. 

The USB-C cable is not charging the notebook.  Is this related to a previous post I found about the BIOS having the USB-C powering option turned off for anything other than an HP product?

Thanks,

Debi

HP Recommended

Also, my CDW rep said the HP Elite 90W Thunderbolt 3 dock was required for the X360.  Is that correct?  90W is required on the power?

HP Recommended

On the new Spectre X360 13 8th gen Intel CPU i also cant connect the Omen Accelerator. It is suppose to work out of the box and charge the notebook. None of that works! I regret buying the spectre and the accelerator!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.