Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion Gaming Ec-0014nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey , I want to add my laptop 1tb or 2tb hdd but i couldnt find out is there any hdd slots in my laptop and if i do this myself is my warrenty expire?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You would need to find and buy the additional parts required to add a 2.5" drive.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06446633

That would probably be very hard to do since chapter 3, page 15 of the service manual indicates one of the parts you need isn't for sale.

(5) Hard drive connector cable           L72698-001
(6) Hard drive bracket not available as spare part

It would be a lot easier to replace your existing M.2 SSD with one with a larger storage capacity.

Plus you would be saving on battery power not running an extra device.

As far as the warranty...this is a peer to peer forum and we are not authorized to reply on behalf of HP regarding the warranty terms.

If you look at chapter 5, removing and replacing the hard drive, SSD and memory are customer authorized procedures.

However this note at the top of chapter 5 applies...

NOTE: The Customer Self-Repair program is not available in all locations. Installing a part not supported by
the Customer Self-Repair program may void your warranty. Check your warranty to determine if Customer
Self-Repair is supported in your location.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You would need to find and buy the additional parts required to add a 2.5" drive.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06446633

That would probably be very hard to do since chapter 3, page 15 of the service manual indicates one of the parts you need isn't for sale.

(5) Hard drive connector cable           L72698-001
(6) Hard drive bracket not available as spare part

It would be a lot easier to replace your existing M.2 SSD with one with a larger storage capacity.

Plus you would be saving on battery power not running an extra device.

As far as the warranty...this is a peer to peer forum and we are not authorized to reply on behalf of HP regarding the warranty terms.

If you look at chapter 5, removing and replacing the hard drive, SSD and memory are customer authorized procedures.

However this note at the top of chapter 5 applies...

NOTE: The Customer Self-Repair program is not available in all locations. Installing a part not supported by
the Customer Self-Repair program may void your warranty. Check your warranty to determine if Customer
Self-Repair is supported in your location.

HP Recommended

i cant afford to buy ssd so is there anyway to add hdd similar parts or something or can i find these parts from hp stores

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with finding the parts you need.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.