Level 1
6 1 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Issue about sata ports on my Hp pavillion g7

HP Recommended
Pavillion g7 2335dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Help? I'm having issues with my caddy drive. Where it doesn't detect my newest hard drive that I bought which I have already formatted and (the drive is fine still works and detected when using an external enclosure.) I don't know if it is the cable or the port is having issues. I tried using the hard drive on the main one and it is detected, However only this caddy drive doesn't detect the drive nor my ssd that I have on my main drive. My concern is this port for this caddy is design to use a cable for caddy? Because i try to change the cable from the main one and the caddy and it doesn't work so my question is how do I fix it??? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
1,432 1,432 44 60
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Edge46, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

As Caddy drive combination is not tested by HP. So, the functionality is not guaranteed.

I request contact Local tech,

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation