Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Notebook - m7-n011dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

The situation actually started early September, I noticed something was wrong. Whenever I tried to use one of the symbols by pressing shift and the number, it does not respond to my touch. Evenutally after 30 seconds to a minute, after pressing the button serveral times and pressing it hard, it evenutally works.

Over the course of time to now, I am just having issue with typing the numbers over the letter keys. Even pressing the shift key, both of them, would be around a minute to three minutes. As we are speaking now, I am having an issue just getting the numbers to type. 

I fear it may be an hardware thing because my warranty ran out back in August and money is an issue for me at the moment. For the fact that it is an issue to log into my computer or using password with numbers and even typiing essays, I have found this irratiable to getting any work done. I was thinking of getting a new keyboard but I still don't like the fact this computer is just a year old but I am having to buy a keyboard for it. I want to say it may be a softare related issue because if it was the key, I think the backlight would be out as well, but I am thinking it is either a keyboard related issue, a software related one or I am not cleaning the keyboard correctly. May I ask for assistance as this is making me worried that more issues have come into play.  Other than the keyboard related issue, this is the only thing that is wrong with this computer. I feel ashamed that I am a IT major and I do not know what the issue may be.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@Sozo-Teki,

I thank you for the reply.

Try the steps below to change the region settings of the keyboard and check if that solves the issue.

• Click on the Start Menu. ...
  • Click on Settings.
  • Click on Time & language.
  • Click on Region & language.
  • Click on the language you wish to add a keyboard layout to.
  • Click on Options.
  • Click on Add a keyboard.
  • Click on the keyboard you want to add. (Ideally, it should be (English - US).

Hope it helps.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi@Sozo-Teki,

Thanks for stopping by HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Keyboard issue. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue. I would like to help you.

Thank you for sharing the product details. I was able to find an article regarding the issue and I am sure, it will help you fix the issue.

Please use the below link to follow the steps to find the solution.

http://hp.care/2dMxS4i

Hope this helps. Kindly update the status.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Ok, so I have done most of things that have been said and shown but there is no avai. There was a change, overtime. At one point all the keys were working again, but then overtime, it went back to the same situation as the number keys on the top row does not want to type and pressing it for serveral seconds or tapping it will only make it work or not typing. I find it odd still that the number would type sometime but pressing shift doesnt, oddly the shift works with the letters but not the numbers.

HP Recommended

Hi@Sozo-Teki,

I thank you for the reply.

Try the steps below to change the region settings of the keyboard and check if that solves the issue.

• Click on the Start Menu. ...
  • Click on Settings.
  • Click on Time & language.
  • Click on Region & language.
  • Click on the language you wish to add a keyboard layout to.
  • Click on Options.
  • Click on Add a keyboard.
  • Click on the keyboard you want to add. (Ideally, it should be (English - US).

Hope it helps.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

This seemed to work oddly and things are going back to normal. I will keep this updated in case somethign else happens.

HP Recommended

This seemed to work oddly and things are going back to normal. I will keep this updated in case something else happens.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.