Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-G207AX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It shows 100% CPU after adding Crucial MX500 SSD, What will happen if I upgrade my ram? My Laptop Model is HP 15-G207AX. My Laptop has AMD A8 6410 processor, 4GB 800MHz RAM, Redon R5 Graphics, 500GB HDD. I have added Crucial MX500 SSD because it was showing 100% Disc Before adding SSD. Now it is showing 100% CPU After adding SSD. I want to upgrade my RAM also with 8GB 1600MHz RAM. What will happen after the upgrade of RAM? If Anything will be bad then I will not do that.

Please Suggest Something........................

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Haresh_Savlani 

You mention 100% CPU, and that is surprising, as I have much the same SSD and have not noticed ANY increase in CPU usage as a result.

Have you gone into Task Manager, Processes tab, and looked at what is using up the CPU?

As to the RAM, while 4GB is the minimum for Win10 to run well, it should not be showing these problems, as I have 4GB laptops that are working just fine under Windows 10.  You will not get any adverse effects from increasing the RAM, but given the current issue, I would not expect any improvement, either.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.