Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello I would love to know what cable to use to connect my 1 TB Sata3 hard drive on my laptop. I have a free port called JHDD1 and I have no idea what kind of cable I need. Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@ryugahideki

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

After reading your post, I did go through the User Manual of your product and found that your computer supports solid-state drive + hard drive and M.2 drive.

To get the answer to this question, you can use a SATA cable to connect your 1TB SATA drive and attach one end of the cable to the SATA connector on your HDD1 slot.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Can you please more specific with Sata Cable? What type? Any example?  

Thank you!

HP Recommended

@ryugahideki

Thank you for posting back. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Is this cable called Hdd flex cable? 

Thank you for helping me out.

HP Recommended

@ryugahideki

Yes! its called SATA Hard Drive HDD Connector Flex Cable.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey Echo_Lake

I want to buy this kind of cable but is it possible for me to buy any cable of this kind? 

Do I need to worry about compatibility of the cable?

HP Recommended

@ryugahideki you may order the replacement parts on the HP Parts Store, and If you've already looked for it and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal.

Good luck! And no, you don't need to worry about the compatibility as long as you've got the right type.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.