Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just bought Studio x360 G5. Want to set up. I see list of 45 drivers and HP Support Assistant fails.

ZBook Studio x360 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

I'm a part-time media tech so it's really frustrating that this is so confusing for me.

I just bought a new Zbook Studio x360 G5 and am trying to get it properly set up, checking I've got all necessary system drivers. On the HP website I see about 50 million drivers

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-zbook-studio-x360-g5-convertible-workstation/200...

...seriously?

I can see why people go for Macs.

I tried the HP Support Assistant. Sounds great.

Fails to detect my device.

I enter S/N and P/N manually. It asks me to enter a device nickname and when I hit submit it says "This may take up to 60 seconds" but 5 minutes later it's still loading, and there's no CPU or disk activity. Hooray!

Part of me feels don't fix it if it's not broken, but the only issue I have noticed was (at least at one point) the cursor freezing for a moment, consistently every 10 or so seconds. An issue I had once with a recent new Dell. 

I like having an up to date system. How do I do this?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
42,411 42,200 6,728 11,752
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just bought Studio x360 G5. Want to set up. I see list of 45 drivers and HP Support Assistant fails.

Try updating just the HP Support Assistant. Here is the latest version:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp99001-99500/sp99450.exe

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation