Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My keyboard is not working properly. When I press e letter key a Project screen gets pops up everytime , when r is pressed rg gets typed ,continues with some other letters as well. Need help as I have tried almost everything like running diagnostic tool resetting PS/2 keyboard to defaults in the bios setup.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Have you tried updating the BIOS or downloading the keyboard driver again?

HP Recommended

nopes...

HP Recommended

updated the drivers , uninstall the keyboard still not resolving the issue

HP Recommended

It may be that the keyboard hardware is damaged and the keyboard needs to be replaced

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.