2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Keyboard ONLY works to put in password

HP Recommended
15-da0073ms
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

so the first time this started happening around February/March after I updated my windows. Afterwards, I was able to fix the problem by going to device manager and installing/disabling the keyboard, though it took a couple of restarting and then it worked until the problem came up again after updating my computer around may. Again, I tried uninstalling my keyboard, and thought that fixed the problem, as when I put in my password to log in my computer, I was able to use the keyboard but once I was in my computer, the keyboard wouldn't work (for anything such as Google, settings, drives, etc.).

ALSO: My on/off, airplane mode, and brightness(es) buttons work as well as the TouchPad and the two buttons underneath work just fine.

Any insight would help tremendously! 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,102 16,081 1,011 1,004
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Loni1016

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please perform a System Restore to an earlier time before this issue started and let me know how it goes

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much! Very much appreciated, I've gotten so used to trying many different things which ended up not working. I set the points and enabled it, then started the process and it worked! I had no idea it was so simple, so again, thank you so much!! 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,102 16,081 1,011 1,004
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Loni1016

I'm glad you got this sorted out

Drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation