Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Kumar 0307 

I usually don't have any problems with my computer but I've run into this one can't figure it out

HP Recommended

@BigAl11

The system specifications cannot be shared on a public post and hence the image you sent is blocked as it contains sensitive information about your computer.

You have not answered the below questions:

• What was the result of the diagnostics test? Pass or Fail?
  • Can you connect an external keyboard and check if that works fine?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

keyboard passed. I did not mean to post sensitive info. during market open  6am to4pm est am pretty busy Kumar0307. 

I appreciate everything you and others do to help .

What seemed awful funny to me I noticed I had the zero key and the enter key on the numeric pad not working and then I noticed the caps lock light was stop working as well. I can’t understand why the keyboard would fail ...no abuse on the keyboard and it is on the desk all the time, no children just me. When noticed sort coming ran diagnostics test then caps lock light was off, this is why I said maybe operator error for it did not really match identically with my keyboard the FN key was not addressed the insert key print SC seemed to be a problem as well....

Any ideas is appreciated

HP Recommended

Kumar0307 and Nirvana_95 

Nirvana_95 thank you for your inquiry I'm a day trader so I really don't have time to mess with this but you guys are on here now so I will take the information you leave on the site and retry everything this weekend while I have the time thank you

HP Recommended

@BigAl11

If you are still facing the same issue, let us reinstall the keyboard in Device Manager.

1) In Windows, search for and open Device Manager. 

2) Double-click Keyboards. 

3) Right-click on the keyboard drivers and click on uninstall. 

4) Restart the computer.  

If this does not help, go to recovery mode(command prompt) by tapping F11 while restarting the computer.

Type in CMD and check if the keys are working fine. If yes, it means this is a software issue with the Win OS.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.