06-21-2013 08:47 PM
I have a HP Pavilion g7-1350 notebook with Windows 7 operating system. Recently the specific keys "a,s,d,f,j,k,l,;" weren't working. I though this was strange because they aren't random keys, in specific they are the home keys. I tried restarting and reinstalling the drivers but came up with no solution. Please help ps. Writing with a USB keyboard
06-22-2013 05:59 AM
When the keyboard goes bad, keys will drop out in groups. You have tried the only software fix there is and the next thing to try is reseating the keyboard cable. Since a usb keyboard works OK it is not the motherboard. All signs are pointing toward the need for a new keyboard.
Here is the Service Manual:
Keyboard replacement instructions start on page 47.
The U.S. Keyboard part number is 640208-001
You can buy one here on eBay:
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot