Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (247 Views)

Keyboard not working after water spill

Product Name: HP 15-d051sa
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there,

This is my first time posting. Basically, I spilled some water on my laptop keyboard 2 days ago, I wiped off the water and left it overnight. Then when I turned it on the keyboard is completely dead. The laptop itself turns on fine, the screen as well as the touchpad work fine, but the keyboard is not repsonsive at all. I am typing this question on the laptop now using a temporary external usb keyboard. Ive checked all the drivers and they do not indicate any problem. I think I may have to purchase a new one. 

Model Number: HP 15-d051sa.

Windows 10 64-bit.

Kind regards,

Farooq93

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (229 Views)

Re: Keyboard not working after water spill

What language keyboard and in what country would you need to buy it?

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (226 Views)

I am from England, so I would need an English (UK) keyboard.

Thanks for the reply

Highlighted
Provost
Message 4 of 4 (221 Views)

[ Edited ]

No UK keyboard is listed so this is the US English:

Top cover with keyboard for use in red HP 15 and Compaq 15 models: ● For use in the United States 747142-001

I gather your laptop is red from the picture on the model home page on this site. If not you need one of the other colors listed in the Manual.

Here is the manual:

Service manual

See pages 62-68. The keyboard is offered by HP with the whole top cover, sorry to say, and replacement is not the easiest thing, but spelled out in the Manual. On UK eBay I found just the keyboard shipped from China here.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-For-HP-747141-001-747142-001-747143-001-Black-US-Keyboard-With-Frame-/...

The instructions would be the same but you would have to remove the keyboard from the top cover which is not spelled out in the Manual but should be pretty obvious when you get it apart. All keyboards themselves are black so the color does not matter if you are buying just the keyboard.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation