Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-ae005na
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a HP Spectre x360 - 13-ae005na for 2 years now and it was working properly utill recently. One day out of the blue it started performing shortcuts while I was typing or using the mouse as if I was using the control key. For example when I was typing "a" it was doing 'select all' or when i was pressing on "c" it was doing "copy". It is not doing it all the time, it is just at random times but very regularly which makes it practically unusable. I need to change the keyboard. Any idea where I can find an new one for this laptop and how I can install it?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The keyboard as such is not a replacement part. Its embedded in the entire top cover. Here is the Service Manual:

Manual 

See pp. 16-18 part #2. Yours is backlit and I assume UK English. Need to select the right one from the list. The Manual does not show how to replace it because you have to basically take the whole laptop apart and then put it back together onto the new top cover. Not easy to do or inexpensive. Post back if you want to discuss further. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much. I see, so it's not an easy fix to do it on my own. Is there anything else that I could try?l before I commit to spending money to fix it/replace it? 

HP Recommended

Only the general keyboard stuff you see posted everywhere. Find the keyboard in device manager and remove it as a device and then reboot so the system reinstalls it in the basic part of Windows (hesitate to call it a driver as is a part of Windows itself). There is also a keyboard diagnostic built into the UEFI hardware diagnostics you can access pre-boot by tapping esc to halt boot and then tapping F2 to enter diagnostics. You may or may not have full UEFI diagnostics built in but there is an app you can download to a thumb drive and boot from that to run tests. Most of the time keyboard problems are hardware. They are very complicated somewhat fragile devices. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.