Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp15-doo5tu
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have a HP 15-d005tu laptop. The keyboard has suddenly stopped working when I connect to Wifi, but starts working when the airplane mode is turned on. When I connect to wifi I have to use the on-screen keyboard which really slows my work. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@prashantsingh75

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting issues in using keyboard when connected to Wi-Fi. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• When did this issue start?
  • Did you do any hardware or software changes?

Meanwhile:

Update the bios and keyboard driver.

Click here and type the notebook model number to find the bios and keyboard driver.

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

@prashantsingh75

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting issues in using keyboard when connected to Wi-Fi. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• When did this issue start?
  • Did you do any hardware or software changes?

Meanwhile:

Update the bios and keyboard driver.

Click here and type the notebook model number to find the bios and keyboard driver.

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your prompt reply, and I am really sorry for replying late.

I am facing this problem since last year. As a solution, I updated the keyboard driver but it didn't help. I even used System Restore and it helped with the keyboard problem but not for a longer duration. Then I left doing anything and was using onscreen keyboard whenever necessary.

My WiFi was not working beforee this problem occured. I had to change the Wifi Adaptor. That is the only hardware change I have done, nothing else, and there was no software changes ever done on my laptop.

I will be following the steps you have recommended and will let you know about the results.
Thank you.

HP Recommended

@prashantsingh75

Thanks for the reply.

Yes try the steps mentioned above and let me know the outcome.

I will be more than glad to assist you if required.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Hope you are doing good. I am sorry again for replying late. I was busy with my exams and was using my phone instead.

Some days back, I faced a new problem in my laptop. The audio was not working. I played a video file and there was no sound. I checked for the speakers in the component/ hardware test and the speakers were fine. But still there was no audio on playing any video files or games.

When I switched on the laptop today, at first there was no audio but minutes later it started working and is still working fine.

I have updated the BIOS as recommended by you. But i didn't found the drivers for Keyboard. Under the Keyboard drivers there are drivers for Alps touchpad, Synaptics touchpad. So what should I do for the Keyboard drivers. And also note that after updating the BIOS the problem is still there with the keyboard. It doesn't work on connecting with the wifi and also it doesn't work when the Airplane Mode is off. I have to always keep the Airplane Mode on to make sure the keyboard works.

Please help.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have just updated the Drivers for audio and BIOS. Please note that I didn't found the drivers for Keyboard. Under the Drivers: Keyboard, there are 3 drivers, one each for Alps Touchpad, Wireless Button and Synaptics Touchpad. So, what should i do for the keyboard drivers? Please reply.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Please reply. I need help with my keyboard problem.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Hope you are doing good. I am sorry again for replying late. I was busy with my exams and was using my phone instead.

Some days back, I faced a new problem in my laptop. The audio was not working. I played a video file and there was no sound. I checked for the speakers in the component/ hardware test and the speakers were fine. But still there was no audio on playing any video files or games.

When I switched on the laptop today, at first there was no audio but minutes later it started working and is still working fine.

I have updated the BIOS as recommended by you. But i didn't found the drivers for Keyboard. Under the Keyboard drivers there are drivers for Alps touchpad, Synaptics touchpad. So what should I do for the Keyboard drivers. And also note that after updating the BIOS the problem is still there with the keyboard. It doesn't work on connecting with the wifi and also it doesn't work when the Airplane Mode is off. I have to always keep the Airplane Mode on to make sure the keyboard works.

Please help.

HP Recommended

@prashantsingh75

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

You can update the driver from device manager.

1. In the Windows search bar, type Device Manager.

Figure : Device Manager

Device Manager search in Windows
  2. In the list of devices, expand keyboard which you want to update.

Figure : Component in Device Manager (display adapter example)

3. Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.

Figure : Update Driver Software

Update Driver Software for the graphics card
  4. Click Search automatically for updated driver software.

Figure : Search automatically for updated driver software

Search automatically for updated driver software for the graphics card
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the updated driver.

6. Restart your computer to complete the installation of the updates.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @sandytechy20

Thanks for your suggestion for updating keyboard drivers. I followed the steps but I got a message that the keyboard drivers are up-to-date. So, what should be done now?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.