Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP mini 210 4121ea
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

I have an HP mini 210 4121ea I'm trying to get working for my brother.  It had Windows 7 starter installed and the keyboard and trackpad would only work in the BIOS and when Windows was in safe mode.  It seemed to stop working whenever the wi-fi keyboard key light was on (white light rather than orange).  I had it working in Windows when the Wi-fi was off (orange light) but as soon as  pressed the button the keyboard stopped working.  The only way I could use Windows to try fixes was to plug in a USB keyboard and mouse. I downloaded the drivers from the HP site, and reinstalled all of them, no fix, in fact the problem got worse as after this it seems the delete key was permanently on as any characters I typed using the USB keyboard were instantly deleted.

So I thought maybe this is a Windows 7 driver issue, I'll install Windows 10 32-bit as a new clean install to see if that fixes it.  It Installed fine, however the same issue persists, keyboard not responding in Windows 10, but does work in the BIOS  😞

I'm sure it must be a software issue as the keyboard works fine when in the BIOS.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.