Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In my keyboard when I type "R" , the along with "R" ,,"T" is also being type . The same problem is with Y , U , I, O, all the 1 layer keys...

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Faisal_Kaw 

Here's some troubleshooting steps you can try: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03738933

If you are experienced at laptop repairs, you can often replace a keyboard for $25 for a new one and a half-hours work. I have done this on older HP laptops.

But, if you're NOT, there is a serious risk of breaking fragile connectors and cables doing this -- so I do not recommend it.

Instead, I would recommend you hunting down a local laptop repair place to have THEM replace the keyboard. Sometimes, on some models, you have to replace the entire top surface of the laptop, not just the keyboard. So you should get an estimate of what is involved before you have the work done.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@Faisal_Kaw

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

1. In Windows, search for and open Edit language and keyboard options.

Clicking 'Edit language and keyboard options' in the search results

2. Make sure your default language is correct. If the default language is incorrect, click Add a language, and then select a language.

3. Click the added language, and then click Set as default, if necessary.

4. Click the default language, and then click Options.

Opening the keyboard language and layout options

5. Click Add a keyboard, and then select a keyboard layout.

Selecting a keyboard language and layout

6. Under Regional format, click Settings.

7. Under Current format, click the drop-down menu to select the language that matches the selected keyboard.

Matching the keyboard and region formats

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.