IT_Guy7 Top Student
Top Student
9 7 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

LOUD FANS! HP ENVY -13 2017 KABY LAKE i7

Hi Got a Brand new HPEnvy 13 4k (i7 Kaby Lake) this month (April 2017) and to be fair the fans are plain ridicoulous, they run run loud and high pitched on max when no processes/updates are running FOR NO REASON! The overheating is SHOCKING. I am an IT Technician so i've done all the usual Bios updates and doesn't need cleaned its new!, hp coolsense wont work with this model, its no good anyway..

i really need some proper fans installed or at least a far better bios than the one released (F12) the worse laptop i have ever spent money on . . i mean theres just no need for it to sound like a jumbo jet on idle or doing the slightest bit of browsing on ANY browser. 

Hope i haven't sounded aggressive in my typing however i am more than unhappy with the £900 i have spent.

I know im not the only one who has this issue.

Please can someone with expert knowledge help? dont need a link to how to reduce heat i need better fans and better BIOS

best regards and thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Provost Provost
Provost
38567 38385 5886 10256
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Expert knowledge isn't going to help. There is no other BIOS or other fan. You have a lemon. Can you possibly return it? 

0 Kudos
IT_Guy7 Top Student
Top Student
9 7 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Huffer, no i think i am past my return period as i had personal matters to deal with.

Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
38567 38385 5886 10256
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wish I had a magic bullet for you but I don't

0 Kudos
IT_Guy7 Top Student
Top Student
9 7 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The specs are pretty nice but thats it. ill never waste another penny on HP, however thank you for your time have a nice evening/night wherever u are.

ill be reviewing this model as not recommended.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation