Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14-ab108TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop battery life suddenly(overnight) decreased by half and it is still decreasing. The battery is also not charging upto 100% even if plugged in for 10 hours. I have done both "HP battery check" in "HP Support Assistant"  and "HP PC Diagnosis UFEI". Both of them shows battery status "OK". I have also done all testing options under "power" section in "HP PC Diagnosis UFEI". Now what can I do to solve this? My laptop is 16 months old, so it weird for decreasing battery life this much over the short time.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ahashans

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the battery life has depleted drastically and now it doesn't charge to a 100% anymore,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you attempt reinstalling the battery drivers?

Have you updated the BIOS?

While you respond to that, I suggest you attempt the below steps:

• Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%. 
  • Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins. 
  • Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager,
  • Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

Click here to find and install the BIOS and Chipset updates,

If the issue persists:

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(by the end of this document, all the issues should be resolved)

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have updated the BIOS and uninstalled the "Microsoft ACPI".
I think the battery notification doesn't show the accurate percentage; it suddenly turns off after 1 hour up time(turns off in 1 second, then it doesn't turn on until the laptop is plugged into a charger). So I can't make it drain to exact 15%; which makes your series of instruction impossible.

HP Recommended

Greetings @ahashans, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply, please follow the procedure mentioned below to enable system icons such as the battery.

Right-click on the Windows button. 

Select Control panel.

On the Control panel Window. (On the right side top of the control panel, click on View by category and change it to small or large icons)

Select notification icons. 

On the bottom of the notifications window, you will have an option to change System icons on or off.

There you have an option to Select which icons appear on the taskbar. 

Enable battery icon there. 

Let me know if this helped.  

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.