Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17 NOTEBOOK PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

I use an HP laptop PC (see system info below).  I have never had a problem with my removable battery pack.  That is until the 29th of last month when I noticed that the battery wouldn't charge after completing the installation of a Windows update.  I don't know if there is a link there.

I have so far tried the following:

1) returned the laptop to a previous restore point

2) reset Windows

3) Removed the battery for a shor while and reinstalled it after cleaning it

4) run battery diagnostics on Windows 10

5) run battery diagnostics on the HP Support Assistant

Nothing has worked.  The Battery LED continues to blink instead maintaining a steady red color indicating that charging is occuring.  The battery isn't charging.

Please help.

System Info.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

We need the specific model number of the laptop. I see 5th gen Intel Core processor which means it is a few years old. If its the original battery odds are it needs to be replaced. Can you post the advanced results of the battery diagnostic test in HP Support Assistant?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.