Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Want to ask the only expert I can find. No where on the internet can I find what the CPU Fan RPM range is supposed to be. All kinds of help on finding tools to look at it, but...   Can you tell me the expected RPM range for this fan on a HP Pavilion G7 with the Intel B940 CPU?  I'm getting speeds reported by several utilities that agree with each other, ie, from a low of ~140 RPM to a high of 195 RPM, and have intermittent indications of the CPU running hot enough (occaisionally hitting 60C) to throttle back as the fan RPM goes low (150 to 170). I have dilligently cleaned the fan and it's related exhaust grill,  carefully cleaned the CPU/Heatsinkl junction (and reapplied Artic Silver thermal compound), checked the torque on the heatsink/CPU screws, etc, all to no avail.  I believe the fan is running slow, and curiously enough, as the CPU heats up, the fan RPMs tend to drop.  So, question is, is this fan RPM range normal, or, do I need to replace the fan itself?

HP Recommended

Is it free

HP Recommended

That is normal. It will only run if you work for say, 2 hours.

HP Recommended

I have a HP Notebook.  I receive the fan error.  I tried the link suggested to check fan speed but it clicks through to ads.  Here is the link:  

[Removed]

HP Recommended

Home page for speedfan:

http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

HP Recommended

Hi Huffer Expert,

i cant see any fan in Speed fan Tool in my latop Envy 13. this is the Temp after I Turn on laptop.  Is this normal?

FAN.PNG

HP Recommended

SpeedFan hasn't worked on my laptop. No error messages, the unit just gets hot. 

HP Recommended

Hi community!

The information in the following link may also help:

How to Check Your Computer's CPU Temperature

SofiaML
HP Support Community

I work on behalf of HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.